Friday, April 3, 2015

Inspiring the Masses


Hey guys, last Friday I had one of the greatest pleasures that have been afforded to me since the beginning of my weight-loss journey. One of the departments at the university I work for invited me to address their employees during their department meeting focused on health, wellness, and fitness. And of course, I ACCEPTED!!!



During my address, I spoke in front of a three-framed picture of myself; one of me at 539lbs, one of me at my 100 lbs weight-loss, and the final one was of me at 200 lbs weight-loss (many of you may have seen this picture on my Facebook Page. I painted a picture of the realities of living a life as a morbidly obese man and coming to the realization that I was in desperate need of change.

Then I imparted numerous discoveries I have made about myself and the exciting first-experiences I have had the privilege of having over the last two years that keep me motivated.
Finally, I challenged the group to commit to living different lives now so they could enjoy a life unlike everyone else later; whether that is healthy eating, exercising regularly, or simply living better lifestyles than they currently do.

This truly blesses my heart that another department is making healthy changes like mine has. Since transitioning into a newer role at work myself and co-worker created a department wide Biggest Loser, which is an extension of the Share The Dream With Me initiative, resulting in my department having lost roughly 200 lbs since the beginning of the year. The fever is catching folks and it makes me so excited that I could have a part in impacting so many peoples’ lives and by default their futures.



Joshua "Bubba" Wade
No Fluff. All Buff.
Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Be sure to follow me on Social Media!

No comments:

Post a Comment