Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Going, going, GONE! -- Blood Presure Meds No more!


I remember the doctor visit like it was yesterday… I was there to ask Dr. V about acne medicine, which I got, but also during that visit he prescribed my very first blood pressure Rx. I was a sophomore in high school.

Like most high-schoolers, I was more worried about my face than I was about my heart. Besides, most of the people I knew intimately in life were on blood pressure medicine as well. I did not find it odd until I got to college and realized none of my friends were on it, I thought it was part of becoming an adult.

For close to half of my life, I have taken blood pressure medicine. Even after I lost over 200 lbs and saw several of my prescriptions fall off my daily regimen, all I wanted to hear my doctor say was that the blood pressure medicine was gone. I started asking him in October 2013 after having lost just 70+ lbs!

It brings joyful tears to my eyes to say that as of May 2015 I got to hear my doctor say, “Do you want to be off of your blood pressure medicine? … It’s GONE!” WAHOO!!! I felt the heaviness of more than a decade fall off of my shoulders, it was as if I could breathe better and deeper all of a sudden.

Don’t be discouraged by not meeting your goals immediately, it’s you being persistent over time that makes victory taste so sweet!

Joshua "Bubba" Wade
No Fluff. All Buff.
Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Be sure to follow me on Social Media!

No comments:

Post a Comment