Monday, June 15, 2015

Goodbye Granny


Today we say goodbye to my Granny (Augusta Parnell Lawson-Carter-McBryear Wright). She was the matriarch of our family and for many decades the glue that held the whole thing together, taking everything in stride and making sure that everyone was loved enough. Up until a few months ago, Granny would play host to my college and work friends in her hospital room, brightening their day as they brightened hers.

Granny began her fight with for her health with a stroke and dehydration, it was ultimately pneumonia that claimed her life, even though she had weathered through multiple strokes, aggressive cancer, and a grocery list of other complications.

However, let’s not focus on the negatives but the positives. Three life lessons that Granny taught me were about; prayer, adventure, and my own life. Granny had a heart for the Lord and it was evident in how she taught us about prayer, if two or more people agree on something it shall be done (Matt. 18:19). Granny loved adventures from just running errands or traveling out of town. Often growing up she would say, “If a car pulls up in front of the house, just get in and go. Ask where it’s going later.” And most recently, Granny through her health problems taught me and reinforced why I should make the life changes that I am today so hopefully I won’t have to fight like she did.

As the family follows our princess in the hearse on her last adventure to the family plots on Buffalo Ridge in Woolwine, Va for Granny’s private burial, I ask for everyone to agree in prayer with the whole family, that all the glory be to God and for our peace and comfort.

Thank you,

Joshua "Bubba" Wade
No Fluff. All Buff.
Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Be sure to follow me on Social Media!
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment