Tuesday, August 4, 2015

16 Years. 16 Miles. 1 Bike.

Last weekend I did something I haven’t done in 16 years... I rode a BIKE!


Not only did I just get on a bike after 16 years, but my roommates and I rode for over 16 miles on trails running throughout downtown Lynchburg.
Have you ever heard the statement, “It's like riding a bike?” It typically means, something comes naturally and you’ll never forget it. Whoever said that never took a 16 year break from riding a bike -- because riding a bike for the first time in almost two decades, is not just like riding a bike.

It was hard at first to push-off and get-going, then at times if i slowed down too much, it was hard to keep the bike stabilized. Shoot! Let’s not even talk about what it was like having to pass someone or having them pass me… Eekies!

However, I had such a blast and am very thankful my roommate suggested it!!! Not only was biking a great workout that will strengthen my calves and quads, but it was also very nostalgic -- taking me right back to my childhood.

As a kid, my bike was my only mode of transportation and my source of freedom. After putting a few more rides under my belt, I get the sense that it will help me find freedom from the last 43 pounds I have left to shed. 





Joshua "Bubba" Wade
No Fluff. All Buff.
Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.

Be sure to follow me on Social Media!
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment