Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Half the man I used to be... LITERALLY!

Last Thursday evening while approaching 1000 meters on the row machine, my personal trainer slipped something into my pocket as he made small talk. Curiosity getting the better of me, I rowed harder and faster just so I could check out what he put in my pocket. I had a rough idea it was something I had been working toward for over two years, but I couldn't remember what the math worked out to be (how much I would have to lose before I got it).

Anticipation was building within me like the steam inside of a kettle on the stove. When I finished rowing I stood straight-up and reached into my pocket... HOLY COW!!!



As I pulled the contents of my pocket out, a flood of emotion swept over me; happiness, pride, gratitude, satisfaction, surprise, and a little disbelief. Sitting in my hand, staring back at me, was the black and yellow "50% Lost" wristband. 


For those of you that might not know, at Crosswhite Fitness where I do my personal training, there is a reward system of wristbands based on the percentage of body weight lost. Until last week, there were only two people that had ever reached the 50% Lost mark before. I knew after they reached that milestone, it was a feat I had to accomplish for myself.
I am still elated to be sporting my black and yellow wristband, and motivated more than ever to lose the last forty pounds!!! Ultimate weight-loss goal here WE COME!

Also, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that has come along on this journey with me, whether from the beginning or more recently, your inspiration and encouragement has been invaluable to my success!



Joshua "Bubba" Wade

No Fluff. All Buff.

Fitness. Wellness. Lifestyle.


Be sure to follow me on Social Media!

Twitter

Bubba's Odyssey | Facebook

Instagram

YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment